[MlMt] problems

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Thu Mar 23 12:12:46 EDT 2023

On 23 Mar 2023, at 11:02, aisrael wrote:

> I recently encountered 2 problems (one of them being in fact pretty
> old). I started deleting mailboxes from the server, and for one of the
> mailboxes I received the following warning (attached). I clicked on
> Retry, or Take mailbox offline, but to no avail. I forced Mailmate to
> quit, but when I reopened  it, the warning reappeared. Is there a way
> to solve this problem?
>
> The second problem is specific for the Exchange server : from time to
> time, trying to delete emails, I receive an email from the Server that
> says : *retrieval using the IMAP4 protocol failed for message XXX*. I
> now have ~1000 of these emails, that cannot be deleted, nor moved to
> any other mailbox (like Junk). Is this a known issue, and how can it
> be solved?

The first thing I would do is view your Exchange mailbox using a
different client or web interface to check if the “problem” messages
and mailboxes look the same as they do in MailMate.

Worst case, you can create a new account and resync everything. It’s a
big hammer approach, but it should sort out any problems without
requiring too much time.

Glenn P. Parker
glenn.parker at comcast.net