[MlMt] note or subject modification

Sun Feb 5 14:42:23 EST 2023

On 5 Feb 2023, at 20:33, John Doherty via mailmate wrote:

> Yup, I never even noticed before that this option existed and can't really think of why I would want to do it. But different strokes, etc. Maybe someone has a reason that I haven't thought of.

I believe the typical use case is something like this: Whenever receiving an email with a non-descriptive subject header such as “Help” or “Bug” (it happens a lot) then the recipient might want to rewrite the subject to something which makes it easier to identify later on. This was more easily done in the POP3 days since it would only affect local storage. With IMAP, the change needs to be synchronized with the server.