[MlMt] MM crashes often on M1 macbook pro

Fri Aug 19 16:17:33 EDT 2022

On 19 Aug 2022, at 20:36, Eli Rotenberg wrote:

> I tried the newer build that was available last week and found that
> although the original crashing during editing messages went away,
> currently it crashes completely randomly, and much more often, and
> after crash will then often  crash repeatedly on reloading the app,
> taking several retries to start before it will run again.  Currently
> it will not run after about 10 retries so I cannot confirm the build
> version, but I downloaded the latest public beta just now and it
> crases on loading.

Sorry to hear that! I would naturally like to debug this issue. I'm
thinking it's likely related to your earlier issue. Also note that often
“random” issues are related to synchronizing accounts. One way to
test this is to launch MailMate after taking the machine offline.

Here's a link to the latest test release just in case it makes a
difference:
[MailMate_r5912.tbz](https://updates.mailmate-app.com/archives/MailMate_r5912.tbz)

> I send a fraction of these crash reports to Apple, I don’t know if
> these are of use or not.

They certainly would be, but I'm not getting them (Apple only provides
them to App Store developers).

You are welcome to send me one or more crash reports directly (you can
use the sending address of this email).

> is there a ‘factory reset’ I can perform to get mailmate running
> again?

That would be removing (or moving/renaming) the following folder:

	/Users//Library/Application Support/MailMate/

If you rename it then it'll be possible to swap the folders later -- in
case you have time to help me debug the issue.