[MlMt] Feature Request: Defer sending by default

Edward Thome ethome at murraystate.edu
Thu Aug 26 06:55:25 EDT 2021

On 26 Aug 2021, at 4:30, Stephan Bösebeck wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just an idea, that might be interesting for others. If by default the sending of emails could be defered by 5 minutes, you could cancel a sent email, especially if you hit sent accidentally. Would be great, if we had a setting for that as well.
>
> Or is that already possible and I am missing it somehow...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stephan

Hello.

There is a hidden preference to enable this.  In Terminal, write:

defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmSendMessageDelayEnabled -bool YES

and then again:

defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmSendMessageDelay -integer 300

for an automatic delay of 300 seconds.

It keeps me from forgetting something obvious…I have mine set at 45 seconds because usually I remember what I should have said just as I am hitting ’Send’.  If I have it set as long as 5 minutes, I get impatient for it to send and end up using the key sequence to send immediately, thereby overriding the ‘Send Later’ that I put in place.  :-)

Regards,
Ed