[MlMt] Getting SpamSieve to work with Junk folder of source account

Verdon Vaillancourt verdonv at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 08:37:23 EDT 2021

It sounds like that account is filtering for spam/junk one the server, so it never arrives to MailMate for SpamSieve filtering. If I am right, you would have to disable filtering on the server and let your local SpamSieve deal with it. The server is likely adding headers for whatever filtering it is doing, so if all you’re looking for is headers to sort by, or whatever, something may already be there.

Verdon

On 5 Aug 2021, at 8:25, Gavan Schneider via mailmate wrote:

> Greetings all
>
> I am using SpamSieve and have all the setup done as per instructions… and all the messages in my normal input stream get a SpamSieve score.
>
> My problem is with one account where some messages are in that account’s “Junk” folder and therefore appear in the consolidated “Junk” folder. They are not getting a SpamSieve score (and are mostly not spam). What extra steps are needed so SpamSieve gets to process these messages?
>
> My system: MailMate/5820/…/x86_64/iMac18,2/4 macOS 11.5
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Gavan Schneider
> ——
> Gavan Schneider, Sodwalls, NSW, Australia
> Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.
> — H. L. Mencken, 1920

Verdon Vaillancourt