[MlMt] AltaMail vs. Preside?

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Sun May 17 15:05:03 EDT 2020

On 16 May 2020, at 17:40, Randall Gellens wrote:

> Just as an aside, you write "MailMate isn’t 'pretty.' Its interface
> is busy and dated-looking...."  I am thoroughly sick of sleek and
> modern-looking interfaces that range from utterly useless to
> user-vicious.  It seems that every major web site and app has
> "modernized" their interface, making them clean, pretty, lots of empty
> space and pictures, at the cost of being able to see or do anything.
>
> --Randall

I concur that it is a bit unfair to call MM’s interface not pretty,
busy and dated-looking. It is somewhat simplistic but optimized for
displaying as much as possible of email data and email content, not for
visual beauty, which is one of the reasons power mail users are drawn to
it. May be you could rephrase it in such more positive terms.

Robert