[MlMt] MailMate ignores messages in Gmail

Thu Apr 19 08:18:40 EDT 2018

On 15 Apr 2018, at 18:36, Bernard Bel wrote:

> MailMate does not download some messages from the reception box of my
> Gmail account. Currently the box contains 1343 messages, which I
> believe is reasonable. MailMate downloads via Imap.

You mean the “INBOX”?

> I cannot see a regularity in this process. Messages coming from the
> same sender or mailing list may or may not be skipped for no apparent
> reason.
>
> The problem gets worse when I browse the mailbox on my iPhone. Almost
> (but not all) messages I have viewed are skipped by MM. I do not
> delete them! They are still visible on the Gmail interface. Flagging
> them as “important” does not improve their fate.

And you don't archive them or anything like that?

Try using “Edit Subscriptions” in the IMAP account settings of
MailMate and then enable “[Gmail]/All Mail”. The best resource for
how Gmail is handled in MailMate is
[here](http://manual.mailmate-app.com/account_setup#gmail).

If this doesn't help then I'll help you debug the issue, but I think we
should do it off the mailing list.

If you have a reproducible case then try this:

* Open the Activity Viewer (⌥⌘0). This enables logging.
* Do whatever is needed to observe that a message is not showing up in
MailMate.
* Use “Help ▸ Send Server Logs”.

Thanks in advance.