[MlMt] Still confused about how Threads work

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 15:29:06 EDT 2018

I'm running r5472.  I still think something's not right with how threads
work.  For the inbox of my corporate account, I have "View->Organize by
Thread" selected.  Yet I see messages in the same thread that are not being
grouped together.  If I look at one such message, and select the "Thread"
toolbar button, then I see the other two messages in the thread, and can
verify by looking at the details of the search that they all have
"Thread-id is 111476".  So why aren't they grouped together in my regular
inbox view?  In case it's relevant, I have the Default Mailbox for the
search bar set to "Current Mailbox" which I know also affects the "Thread"
button, and the three messages I'm referring to are all in my inbox.

Also, I thought one of the columns I could enable was thread ID, but I no
longer see that.  I do see a "Thread size", and for all 3 messages of the
thread, it's set to 1.

I have multiple examples of similar behavior scattered throughout the inbox
of my corporate account.

Please help me understand the apparent discrepancy here.

Thanks.

-Eric