[MlMt] Junk mail synchronization

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Wed Sep 20 10:05:43 EDT 2017

On 20 Sep 2017, at 4:11, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 19 Sep 2017, at 17:02, Robert Goldman wrote:
>
>> I'm not *entirely* sure what happens when I mark email as junk.  It's
>> no longer visible to me in MailMate, but does it get actually moved
>> to another folder (instead of a virtual one)?
>
> It is moved to whatever mailbox is assigned to be the junk mailbox for
> the corresponding account (see “Mailbox ▸ Mailbox Type”.
>
>> The reason I ask is that when I look at my INBOX on iOS (iPhone or
>> iPad), I see all the junk mail still in the INBOX.
>
> Hmm, this indicates that the junk mailbox might not be online in
> MailMate preventing MailMate from completing the move. Check in the
> account under SOURCES that you don't have any offline mailboxes
> (greyed out).

It's not grayed-out, but the junk mail folder for my work email displays
as "Work IMAP (offline)".  The "Mailbox Type" and "Synchronization
schedule" menu items for my work email Junk mailbox are both grayed out.

"Synchronize Junk" seems to have brought them back together.  But I did
this last night, as well, and it doesn't seem to stay synchronized.  Is
there a particular log I should look at to find relevant error messages?

Thank you!