[MlMt] Timing out when sending messages over VPN

Thu Mar 23 10:14:57 EDT 2017

On 20 Mar 2017, at 17:56, Evan Kline wrote:

> When I try to send messages while traveling and connected to a VPN, I
> frequently get “Connection error (Operation Timed Out)” messages.
>
> I went into Terminal and made a change based on this thread:
>
> https://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672/tickets/1189-mailmate-not-sending-changes-to-server
>
> The command I entered was this:
>
> defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmMinimumConnectionTimeout -integer
> 100
>
> Unfortunately, I’m still getting timeouts. Any other suggestions?
> It’s painful switching back to using Mail when I’m traveling. My
> account is an Office 365 account, connecting via IMAP.

Sounds like the timeout length is not the problem. Maybe it can never
send messages when you are connected using VPN.

Unless “frequently” means that this does not always happen for this
account?

> (My apologies if this has already been sent to the list - I tried
> sending it over VPN a few days ago, and don’t think it went
> through).

That does appear to be the case.

You can create logs for me like this:

* Open the Activity Viewer (⌥⌘0).
* Wait for an unexpected timeout to have occurred (and maybe also a
successfully sent message if this is not a persistent issue).
* Use “Help ▸ Send Server Logs”.

Thanks in advance!