[MlMt] Timing out when sending messages over VPN

Evan Kline evankline at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 12:56:32 EDT 2017

When I try to send messages while traveling and connected to a VPN, I
frequently get “Connection error (Operation Timed Out)” messages.

I went into Terminal and made a change based on this thread:

https://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672/tickets/1189-mailmate-not-sending-changes-to-server

The command I entered was this:

defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmMinimumConnectionTimeout -integer
100

Unfortunately, I’m still getting timeouts. Any other suggestions?
It’s painful switching back to using Mail when I’m traveling. My
account is an Office 365 account, connecting via IMAP.

(My apologies if this has already been sent to the list - I tried
sending it over VPN a few days ago, and don’t think it went through).

Thanks,
Evan