[MlMt] IMAP "not connected" Problem error message

Harvey Leff hsleff at cpp.edu
Mon Jan 23 13:18:37 EST 2017

In the last month or so, the following problem began. Each time my
computer sleeps for a while, when I log back in to my computer, I get
this error message:

IMAP problem for "CPPOutIook385" account

MailMate encountered the following error: "Server response: " D 3 BAD
User is authenticated but not connected.".".
Mailbox: Archive

Retry     Take Account Offline     Try Later      [these 3 items are
buttons]

The Mailbox line is sometimes different, being either

Mailbox: ".mailboxlist"   or   Mailbox: "INBOX"

Sometime the last line is blank, where upon the "Try Later" button is
not present. I can get past the difficulty by choosing the Retry button.
Then MailMate checks my mail, which takes an extended period of time,
perhaps 10-15 seconds. Then the problem is gone until the computer
sleeps for an extended period of time (I'm not sure how long that must
be to produce the problem.)

Why is this occurring and how can it be corrected? For the record, the
Spark email client does not have this problem. Spark is a much inferior
product compared to MailMate, BUT it does retrieve my messages nearly
instantaneously, with no error messages. Thanks.

Harvey Leff
Portland, Oregon USA