[MlMt] Old-school rules to move mails?

Mon Jan 23 06:21:43 EST 2017

On 20 Jan 2017, at 21:20, Kai Großjohann wrote:

> I've tried to like the smart mailboxes, but somehow it doesn't click.
> I use very few folders.  But I'm on a couple of mailing lists where I
> would like to move the messages into separate folders.

Just to be clear I don't advocate using smart mailboxes for everything.
Anything you can match with a smart mailbox can also be matched with a
rule (filter) in MailMate followed by a “move” action (as described
in another answer to this post).

Note that using MailMate rules to move emails to another mailbox is
always the second-best solution. If the server has any support for
filtering emails then this is much better if you have multiple devices
and/or email clients. There's also subtle caveats to look out for: For
example, if two installs of MailMate have the same rule to move emails
then there might be a race condition which could result in duplicate
emails being generated in the destination mailbox.