[MlMt] Incorrect name-address combination

John Cooper mailmate at coopercontent.com
Wed Jan 4 15:44:04 EST 2017

Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote (at 12:30 on 4 Jan 2017):

> I think I need to see the raw headers of one of these messages where
> both addresses appear (⌥⌘U). Could you send them using “Help ▸
> Send Feedback”. You can obfuscate any `a-z` characters if you like.

Will do.

>> - Can I erase this incorrect association somehow?
>
> That's not possible. The only thing you can do is to move or delete
> any emails in “Sent Messages” which triggers MailMate to offer the
> erroneous completions, but that requires finding those emails.

I don't keep any messages in the Sent folder; I've never seen the point,
and find it more convenient and logical to have all the messages in a
thread reside in the same folder. I have a "Move to Inbox" rule applied
to my Sent folder.

> It might be a bug or it might be the lack of a workaround for a
> wrongly formatted header (such headers are very common and MailMate
> already has a very large number of such workarounds).

No doubt that's it. I hope I can find the wrongly formatted header for
you.

Thanks,
John