[MlMt] Incorrect name-address combination

Thu Jan 5 05:50:43 EST 2017

On 4 Jan 2017, at 21:44, John Cooper wrote:

> I don't keep any messages in the Sent folder; I've never seen the
> point, and find it more convenient and logical to have all the
> messages in a thread reside in the same folder. I have a "Move to
> Inbox" rule applied to my Sent folder.

You might have configured MailMate to look elsewhere in the Composer
preferences pane.

>> It might be a bug or it might be the lack of a workaround for a
>> wrongly formatted header (such headers are very common and MailMate
>> already has a very large number of such workarounds).
>
> No doubt that's it. I hope I can find the wrongly formatted header for
> you.

Your data (and data from another user) helped me track down the issue. I
was looking in the wrong places and it turned out to be a quite general
bug in MailMate probably introduced within the last month or so.

Hold down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in the Software Update
preferences pane. That should provide you with a fixed version of
MailMate.

Sorry about the inconvenience of this bug!