[MlMt] Heads up for insanely early adopters: macOS Sierra and MailMate

Sherif Soliman sherif at ssoliman.com
Mon Jun 27 12:09:27 EDT 2016

On 25 Jun 2016, at 8:10, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 19 Jun 2016, at 4:01, Scott A. McIntyre wrote:
>
>> 3)  MailMate can not see your Contacts/Address Book.  This will be a
>> deal blocker for most people - and indeed, it's been the biggest
>> headache here.  It can see its own internal list of previous
>> recipients, which is good, but, that's it.  I tried resetting the
>> Address Book with tccutil, and whilst MailMate prompted for access,
>> obviously something has changed in the format and nothing is actually
>> seen (including in the Address panel in MailMate).
>
> I'll note to look into this. I've installed Sierra on a separate
> partition, but I haven't used it much yet. I'm aware that 1.9.4 does
> not work well on Sierra (weird dock icon and more).
>
> As I've previously hinted on the list then a private beta of MailMate
> exists with improved HTML handling. This version of MailMate also
> works better on Sierra. Although this is a public mailing list I don't
> consider the following a public announcement. In other words, please
> **don't share** the following link beyond this list.  You can download
> the private beta after reading the instructions on the following
> private page: https://freron.com/twopointoh

Thanks for the link, Benny.

I wanted to check: is there anything that 2.0BETA will do that's not
backwards compatible with the current stable release? If I replace the
stable .app with the 2.0BETA .app, can I reverse that replacement later
and have all the mail, database, etc, be read just fine?

Sherif