[MlMt] HTML signature causing display issues with markdown

Fri Jun 17 11:05:06 EDT 2016

On 16 Jun 2016, at 16:03, Chris Jones wrote:

> With my work email account I have an HTML signature which
> unfortunately I'm required to use. It's causing me much grief when
> composing new messages or replying to messages in Markdown. Basically
> the Markdown becomes unusable. Tables lose their formatting (the cell
> lines disappear, etc) and when replying to a message, the quoted text
> no longer has the nice blue highlighting and vertical line on the left
> side (the text just ends up being indented).

This sounds like the signature contains a style section which it really
shouldn't do, but I might be wrong.

Note that the nice formatting you see is only how MailMate (1.9.4)
displays unstyled HTML messages. Recipients see something different and
possibly more basic (depending on their email client behavior). I'm
working on changing this such that outgoing emails are explicitly
styled. If you want to try that out then let me know off list.

> I know I've read that HTML signatures are supposed to work in both
> Markdown and plain text messages but I'm struggling to get it to work.
>
> If need be I can supply the HMTL used for my signature if that will
> help with debugging.

Yes, you can send it to me off list (“Help ▸ Send Feedback”).