[MlMt] HTML signature causing display issues with markdown

Chris Jones cjones at autonomic.ca
Thu Jun 16 10:03:56 EDT 2016

Good morning,

With my work email account I have an HTML signature which unfortunately
I'm required to use. It's causing me much grief when composing new
messages or replying to messages in Markdown. Basically the Markdown
becomes unusable. Tables lose their formatting (the cell lines
disappear, etc) and when replying to a message, the quoted text no
longer has the nice blue highlighting and vertical line on the left side
(the text just ends up being indented).

I know I've read that HTML signatures are supposed to work in both
Markdown and plain text messages but I'm struggling to get it to work.

If need be I can supply the HMTL used for my signature if that will help
with debugging.

Cheers,
-Chris