[MlMt] making statistics view more useful

Tue Jun 7 09:08:41 EDT 2016

On 6 Jun 2016, at 18:43, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> Today I use the statistics view to find out the biggest culprit and
> then a second window to find those culprits and mark them read, delete
> them etc.
>
> I do this since double clicking on the results don't actually give me
> the matches, it just searches for the same field across all messages.

If you hold down ⌥ then it only searches the current mailbox --- which
I guess is what you would want? (You can also change the default search
mailbox to be “Current Mailbox” in the search field menu in the
toolbar.)

> It would be great if one could right click a stat and do things like
> "Mark All as Read", "Delete", "Move to..." etc.

I guess that makes sense (noted).

A different approach is to use the Submailboxes feature of a temporary
smart mailbox. That might make it easier to do this kind of cleanup
work.