[MlMt] making statistics view more useful

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 02:42:52 EDT 2016

On 7 Jun 2016, at 15:08, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 6 Jun 2016, at 18:43, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>
>> Today I use the statistics view to find out the biggest culprit and
>> then a second window to find those culprits and mark them read,
>> delete them etc.
>>
>> I do this since double clicking on the results don't actually give me
>> the matches, it just searches for the same field across all messages.
>
> If you hold down ⌥ then it only searches the current mailbox ---
> which I guess is what you would want? (You can also change the default
> search mailbox to be “Current Mailbox” in the search field menu in
> the toolbar.)

got it - I didn't interpret double click on a statistics to be "do
global search" but more like "show me what the result is behind this
number"....anyway, I can survive using Alt+click for now ;)

>> It would be great if one could right click a stat and do things like
>> "Mark All as Read", "Delete", "Move to..." etc.
>
> I guess that makes sense (noted).
>
> A different approach is to use the Submailboxes feature of a temporary
> smart mailbox. That might make it easier to do this kind of cleanup
> work.

Somewhat - but its a bit more tedious especially since the new smart
mailbox are added at the very bottom of my already too long virtual
mailboxes :)

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen