[MlMt] alphabetize recipients

Richard Rettke pc8xtebtkw at snkmail.com
Wed Feb 24 11:50:24 EST 2016

Well, this was a surprise. My apologies.

It took me awhile last night (into the wee hours) to figure out what in
the heck was going on.

Long story short; I use an email forwarding service to isolate my real
address from the rest of the world. When I send a new email only one
piece of info gets prefixed to the address (typically my name). When I
receive an email the identifying info from the services database gets
prefixed to the address for my use in identifying the cryptic email
address.

What I had not realized (been using this for over 10 years, never an
issue so never paid close attention) was that when I REPLY to an email,
that same info that was placed there for my use on the inbound side then
gets sent on the outbound side with the address, not good, and that is
where the MailMate reference is coming from.

So I now understand what is causing the problem, just don't have an
automated solution as of yet. I will attempt to manually edit the TO
line on replies but that will be fraught with challenges.

What I need to conjure up is a way that when I hit REPLY, the
non-address info is stripped from the address. I'll work on a Keyboard
Maestro Macro to resolve this unless someone has a better idea.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

__*Richard Rettke*__
*Laus Deo*
*Non sibi sed patriae*