[MlMt] alphabetize recipients

Thu Feb 25 09:14:59 EST 2016

On 23 Feb 2016, at 16:26, Zvi Biener wrote:

> Is there a script hook (or something like it) that can be used to
> alphabetize the recipients of a message, after I enter them?

A bit of OCD? :-)

There is no such hook, but it might be a somewhat trivial hidden
preference to add to sort them if it's something you would like to do
with all outgoing emails?

Caveat: The sorting criterion would have to be somewhat “naive”
since it is far from trivial to extract first/last name. An alternative
would be sorting by email address.

Here you go:

	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmSortRecipientHeaders -bool YES

It's *not* released yet, but you can enable it to be ready. A recipient
header is then sorted whenever you finish editing it (usually by tab'ing
out of the text field).