[MlMt] What takes time at startup?

Vlad Ghitulescu Vlad at Ghitulescu.de
Sun Feb 7 23:50:12 EST 2016

Hello!

On 6 Feb 2016, at 21:49, Patrik Fältström wrote:

> 350k email messages is nothing.
>
> I have just below 2 million. 12k added each month, approximately.

I am new to MailMate, so please bare with me and my slightly OT
question: why keeping so many email messages in MailMate (or any other
email app at all)?

I still have all my email messages since 2002 but keep only a relevant
(and therefore *very small* and *constantly fresh*) subset in my email
app of choice (currently MailMate) and all the rest in archives
(external to the email app and servers and searchable via Finder and/or
an email archive app).
Not using my email app as a task manager (and delegating this to a
dedicated task manager app) makes this easy too.

I'm not pretending that my method is better and I also understand that
MailMate can graciously manage a huge amount of email - but why keeping
all this information there and not somewhere else, once it not implying
constantly replying / forwarding / etc.?

Thanks!

Regards,
Vlad