[MlMt] What takes time at startup?

Sun Feb 7 03:35:54 EST 2016

On 6 Feb 2016, at 23:46, Helen Holzgrafe wrote:

> [memory]
>
> Benny may tell us all that my analysis is incorrect, but either way, I
> think you should look at your folder structure and make all your
> folders much smaller and see if that helps you. I know it did for me.

You are correct that running out of memory would cripple MailMate and
MailMate does require a lot of memory for very large message stores. The
size of a mailbox probably matters less than the actual queries.
Specific conditions like “From ▸ Address **is**
foobar at example.com” are better than “From contains
foobar at example.com”, but the most important to look out for is
probably the use of the “is in” comparison method. I've also had
issues in the past where date-based queries were much slower than other
types of queries, but I believe that is working better now.