[MlMt] fonts in 2.0 BETA

Tue Aug 16 07:29:50 EDT 2016

On 15 Aug 2016, at 15:41, Rob McBroom wrote:

> I’m posting this here, since I think its “of general interest”.
>
> Based on messing with font settings, tell me if I understand this
> correctly.
>
> If I choose a font for the message body, it will be applied to HTML
> messages (overriding the font chosen by the sender).

No, it is only applied to plain text messages (or when viewing the plain
text body part of an HTML message).

> If I open a plain-text message, or one that’s converted to HTML via
> Markdown, the “theme for plain text emails” takes over and I get
> whatever font is defined there.

Only if the theme specifies a specific font. *Currently*, the default
theme(s) only specify `sans-serif` which I believe is sufficient to
avoid some email clients to use an ugly default font (which is the only
reason I'm specifying a font at all).

> If that’s true, it seems backwards to me. I would like to choose a
> font for plain text and locally rendered Markdown, and I would like
> HTML messages from others to appear exactly as sent. Is that possible?

I think that's how it works now (if I haven't messed up something).