[MlMt] scripts/rules not taking effect...?

Mon Aug 1 05:39:35 EDT 2016

On 28 Jul 2016, at 23:26, Seebs wrote:

> So I have some rules, which appear to work. And I have other rules,
> which... don't seem to. And I am not sure what I'm missing. But I
> vaguely recall there having been an option for turning on logging so I
> could see more information about rules.
>
> As an example, consider the script MoveMlmt.mmCommand:

This is in the resources Script folder? I'm likely to deprecate that
eventually.

> {
>         name    = 'Move Mlmt';
>         events  = ( 'account.synchronized' );
>         select  = "subject =[c] '[MlMt]'";
>         actions = ( { type = moveMessage; mailbox = mlmt; },
>           { type = changeFlags; enable = ( '\\Seen' ); disable = ( );
> },
>           );
> }
>
> The intent is to move things from this list automatically into a
> mailbox,
> and mark them as seen. (Okay, maybe not a great plan, given that I
> presumably want to see responses to this, but it's a good example.)

:) You should click on the Inbox and use “Mailbox ▸ Edit Mailbox”
and then switch to the Rules pane. Then setup your condition and actions
in a rule. Then let me know if that also doesn't work. This condition is
also more exact: “Subject ▸ Blob is "MlMt"”. Although basing it on
the `List-ID` header would be even better. Note that creating a smart
mailbox makes it easier to play around with conditions matching the
expected messages.