[MlMt] enhancement, I think

Mon Aug 1 04:12:56 EDT 2016

On 25 Jul 2016, at 13:55, Patrik Fältström wrote:

> On 25 Jul 2016, at 11:54, Mike Brasch wrote:
>
>> As long a syncing mechanism uses local folders for syncing (like
>> Dropbox, Bittorrent Sync and some others) MailMate could copy the
>> relevant data to such a folder. This way users can use their
>> preferred syncing service.
>
> +1
>
> MailMate should be able to detect whether the file has changed, and in
> that case re-read its new configuration, and when saving, it just
> saves the new config waiting for the service to propagate it to other
> units.

I'll just end this thread with a couple of comments:

* The discussion quickly turned into “which cloud service”, but this
is just a technicality (and I still think IMAP itself is the best
choice). The challenge is not how to synchronize the mailboxes file,
it's how to gracefully handle any order and timing of changes to this
file on multiple machines.
* The above file oriented behavior, as described by Patrik, is
essentially what is needed for synchronization to work.