[MlMt] get/check mail manually ?

Thu Jan 15 04:08:31 EST 2015

On 15 Jan 2015, at 1:25, Gary Hull wrote:

> It would be nice to:
>
> -- Have more and longer options for Synchronize Schedule, such as
> Daily (at which point it might be nice to be able to specify the time,
> since for every 10 minutes it doesn't really matter, but for daily,
> you may want it in the morning just before work or something. For
> Weekly, it returns to a state where time of day isn't important.

The “Syncronization Schedule” is primarily intended for being able
to tell MailMate how many resources it should spend on keeping mailboxes
up-to-date. For some users, it'll be enough to have the INBOX connected
and the rest of the mailbox non-synchronized. Note that a mailbox is
*always* synchronized when selected.

The longer delays you are asking for I guess is more inteneded to be
used as some kind of “Do not disturb” feature. In that case you
would also not want it to synchronize when selected.

Let me know if I'm wrong about this assumption.

> -- Be able to access the Synchronize Schedule contextual menu when
> multiple mailboxes are selected.

Yes, this limitation is a bit annoying. But note that synchronization is
an inherited setting. If no explicit setting has been configured for a
mailbox then it uses the setting of its parent mailbox (or account).

> By the way, the Send Later option, which can be included as a default
> field, and the default time can be specified, is really great for
> slowing down annoying conversations: Just set it for a day or three in
> the future and it takes the wind out of your chatty correspondent.

But you would of course never do that for my emails, right? ;-)