[MlMt] iCloud UIDVALIDITY issue

Wed Jan 7 05:48:48 EST 2015

Hi,

I didn't get any replies to my first post, but I have a few more details
to share. It happened again for the (frustrated) user and this time I
got an important piece of the puzzle:

	C: J145 UID COPY 24505 Archive
	S: J145 NO [CORRUPTION] Mailbox has an invalid format

The above simply means that MailMate asks to copy a message to the
“Archive” mailbox and the iCloud server replies that the
“Archive” mailbox is [corrupted][1]. Apparently this leads to the
server rebuilding the mailbox and assigning a new UIDVALIDITY value.
This then (correctly) triggers MailMate to redownload the mailbox.

This is primarily a performance problem, but unfortunately it also
appears that any custom IMAP keywords assigned to the messages in the
mailbox are *lost*.

The main purpose of these posts is to find out if any other users have
issues with losing tags assigned to messages in an iCloud account.

If more users are found then I hope we might also find a way to
reproduce what looks like an iCloud server bug. That might lead to a
possible workaround (and a bug report for Apple). Note that as long as I
cannot reproduce the problem myself then I cannot claim with 100%
certainty that iCloud IMAP is to blame.

Thanks in advance.

[1]: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5530#section-3