[MlMt] Draft saving

Allie Martin amd at maclink.me
Mon Jan 5 15:49:42 EST 2015

On 5 Jan 2015, at 15:43, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> Actually, drafts are always autosaved regularly in the background
> without changing the saved state of the message. Ideally, the saved
> state should only change when the user explicitly saves the message,
> but for technical reasons I'm currently forcing such a save whenever
> the “structure” of the message changes. This happens, for example,
> when Markdown to HTML generation is needed.
>
> Let me know if this does not explain what you see.

I don't see how this explains I have to manually delete from my drafts
folder, drafts that have been saved after I've opted out of composing
them only when Markdown syntax is in the message.

IOW's, if I compose a message without Markdown syntax, I see no
indication of a draft being saved in the drafts folder.  If I opt out of
composing by exiting the window and selecting 'Don't save' that's all I
need to do.  There is no remaining draft version to delete from the
draft folder.  However, if I do the same with Markdown syntax within the
message, I have to do the manual delete every time.

—
Curtis acm