[MlMt] Filters -

Luca Allodi luca.allodi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 04:39:43 EDT 2014

On 25 Mar 2014, at 0:39, mail at assai.com.au wrote:

> Where an email is from a certain source (e.g. a list) I will first
> flag it, the have it moved to a separate server-side folder (e.g.
> "Lists"). I will then set near the top of my menu a Smart Mailbox
> which will filter that account for flagged messages in the folder
> Lists. As I read these in the Smart Mailbox, I will unflag them, which
> will cause them to disappear.

that's about how I menage e-mails to be reviewed. I like a clean inbox,
so all emails older than 15 days go in archive. There are two stages in
between INBOX and Archive: "Waiting diagnosis" and "Diagnosed". Both are
smartboxes; the former shows me all unread, unreplied, unflagged,
not-already-categorised messages older than 4 days. Those whose sender I
have replied to in the past get flagged and elected to the "Diagnosed"
smartbox (which shows me all unread, flagged e-mails). Other mechanisms
are also in place to automatically flag "most likely important e-mails".

Given the nature of my correspondence it's a good system to filter out
low-priority e-mails and keep up with all the important messages I get
within a reasonable time-frame.

> I'll let you know if I have any problems.

If I understood your plan correctly, it should work :-)

--
Luca Allodi
DISI, Università degli Studi di Trento, Italy