[MlMt] Filters -

Mon Mar 24 15:35:42 EDT 2014

On 24 Mar 2014, at 2:29, Andrew Homzy wrote:

> I simply want to filter in-coming mail to appropriate mailboxes and,

Rules are an experimental 2.0 feature (they do work though). You need to
first enable 2.0 features in the General preferences pane. After that
you can add rules to any mailbox, but it's most likely that you want to
add them to an Inbox. Select the mailbox and use “Mailbox ▸ Edit
Mailbox...” (you can also double-click the icon of the mailbox) and
then note the Rules pane.

> especially, to send un-deliverable mail to the trash. I don't find
> clear instructions in the help menu. I don't even have a "trash"
> mailbox.

The universal “trash” mailbox is named “Deleted Messages” in
MailMate, but the name can be different in each IMAP account. If
MailMate does not automatically use the expected IMAP mailbox for
deleted messages then you can right-click a mailbox and use “Mailbox
Type” to assign another mailbox to be the “trash”.

I hope this helps a bit.