[MlMt] MailMate crashes when using encfs

Felix Kling list at felix-kling.de
Wed Sep 18 10:05:03 EDT 2013

Hi Benny!

I started playing around with
[encfs](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EncFS) lately and also wanted to
secure my mails by mounting the encrypted filesystem at

     ~/Library/Application Support/MailMate

This worked at first, but when I try to start MailMate now, it crashes
and the log only shows:

> rmdir failed: Resource busy
> Abort trap: 6

And indeed, when I run

     rmdir /Users/kling/Library/Application Support/MailMate

that's the error I get:

> rmdir: /Users/kling/Library/Application Support/MailMate: Resource
> busy

So it seems that MailMate is trying to delete this folder, but why?
Could this be changed so that it works well with encfs? (Needless to say
it works fine without encfs)

Thanks!