[MlMt] Thread sorting

Kee Hinckley kee+freron at hinckley.com
Tue Dec 3 13:50:31 EST 2013

On 3 Dec 2013, at 11:09, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 3 Dec 2013, at 17:01, Kee Hinckley wrote:
>
>> Shouldn't a thread sort by the most recent message, rather than the
>> oldest? I was looking for a mail message I knew had arrived recently
>> and couldn't find it because it was underneath the original message,
>> which arrived several weeks ago.
>
> MailMate uses a strict threading model. If two messages are shown as
> parent/child then it's because the child is a reply to the parent.
> This model cannot be reversed (or it would make little sense). The
> only variation I can

That makes sense to me. The current model makes it really easy to lose
messages. My inbox has thousands of messages, with lots I haven't gotten
to reading. So if someone replies to something old, I'm not going to
notice unless it appears in my recent messages unless I switch to
unthreaded mode, which I really would rather not do.