[MlMt] Messages in one account duplicated in some views, but not others

Eric A. Meyer eric at meyerweb.com
Fri May 17 17:46:51 EDT 2024

On 17 May 2024, at 3:40, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> Whenever seeing duplicates behaving like this, it's a good idea to enable the “Source Mailbox” column in the message list. It's very likely that the messages are not located in the same mailbox -- but somehow the server sees it as the same mailbox.

They're in the same mailbox ("INBOX - eric at meyerweb.com").  Also they have the same UID, though not the same Msg ID.  Screenshot fragment I took just now: https://meyerweb.com/pix/2024/mailmate-dupes-source-uid-msgid.png

What's really frustrating from a reproducibility standpoint is that the duplication seems to have stopped happening.  Older duplicated messages are still duplicated, but new messages to the same mailbox are not.  Is it possible I somehow accidentally caused the mailbox to duplicate all its messages at some point without realizing it?

> Is Gmail involved in this issue?

Not for this account.  I do have a couple of accounts that are GMail-based, but they haven't seen the duplication happen.

--
Eric A. Meyer - http://meyerweb.com/