[MlMt] Update for outlook.com/hotmail.com/live.com users

Mon Jul 1 09:38:01 EDT 2024

On 1 Jul 2024, at 15:27, Henry Seiden wrote:

> Anyway, I will try your newest version, re-enable OAUTH2 and let you
> know.

Thanks, just write me off list since it'll get noisy if all
outlook-users write on the list.

I don't think your connection issues in Apple Mail is explained by this,
but [Microsoft do
write](https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/modern-authentication-methods-now-needed-to-continue-syncing-outlook-email-in-non-microsoft-email-apps-c5d65390-9676-4763-b41f-d7986499a90d):
“Until September 16th, users signing into Outlook.com through Basic
Authentication may experience recurring password prompts in Outlook and
other third-party email applications. This is a known issue. After
September 16th, users attempting to connect their Microsoft accounts
through Basic Authentication will fail to do so.”

Minor correction: The date is September 16th and not 14th as I wrote in
my previous email.