[MlMt] Update for outlook.com/hotmail.com/live.com users

Eric Sharakan esharakan at mac.com
Fri Jul 12 22:51:04 EDT 2024

Hi Benny and others, I just found this thread in the online archive of
this list (turns out I was bumped off the list for too many bounces
without my noticing; I just re-subscribed).

Anyway, since updating to r6052, I've noticed the following behaviors on
my Exchange-based corporate email account:

- I was asked to resynchronize each of my IMAP folders due to some issue
with the UIDVALIDITY check (sorry I didn't save the exact message).  I
did so, and all seemed fine.
- Some hours (or maybe a day or two) later, I lost access to all my IMAP
folders other than my INBOX.  Turns out I had been unsubscribed from all
of them.  I resubscribed myself to them, and all seems okay now.

Benny I don't know if either of these issues are related to the change
you said you made in your email of July 1 or not, but the timing seemed
pretty coincidental.

A couple other points:

- I've had OAUTH2 enabled for this account for some time now.
- Benny's email said "Make sure you use `outlook.office365.com` and
`smtp.office365.com` as hostnames."  For whatever reason, I am unable to
edit my SMTP server name for this account.  The SMTP server is set to
'outlook.office365.com' (same as the IMAP server), but is greyed out
such that I can't modify it.

Like I said, other than the sudden apparent loss of all my IMAP folders
(which was a bit of a shock), everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks.

-Eric