[MlMt] IMAP Accounts keep asking for passwords periodically

Wed Apr 3 08:09:50 EDT 2024

On 3 Apr 2024, at 19:16, Warren Gray via mailmate wrote:

> Hello. Some of my IMAP accounts (not google, but those on another
> personal server) keep asking for the pasword periodically, and I have
> to keep clicking OK (password is automatically there, I just click
> OK). Some time can go by, but then again, they all start asking for
> the PW again. I don’t have issues with the native email client on my
> iphone asking for the passwords.
>
> I’ve tried checking the “add PW to keychain” button, but
> doesn’t matter.
>
> Anyone else experiencing this?

This might happen if MailMate wrongly determines that multiple failures
to connect to a server might be a password issue (this can be tricky to
determine due to differing IMAP server behaviors). This is more likely
to happen if the network connection is unstable. It can, of course, also
be a bug.

If you can reproduce the issue (or it happens fairly often):

* Open the Activity Viewer (⌥⌘0) in MailMate (enables logging).
* Wait for this issue to show up once or twice.
* Use “Help > Send Server Logs”.

Then I can try to see if I can spot why MailMate thinks there is a
password issue.