[MlMt] Date format?

Wed Apr 3 09:27:49 EDT 2024

On 29 Mar 2024, at 2:14, John Cooper wrote:

> Baron Fujimoto wrote (at 1:26 PM on Wednesday, March 27, 2024):
>
>> Is there a way to get MailMate to use the date format set in System Settings > General > Language & Region? I have it set there to something ISO8601-ish (YYYY-MM-DD). e.g. 2024-03-27. But in Mailmate's Date columns, it displays as "Mon Day, YYYY", e.g. "Mar 25, 2024". I don't mind the "Yesterday" values much, but would prefer to have other dates in YYYY-MM-DD format.
>
> Try fiddling with the width of the Date Received column. I also have Language & Region set to YYYY-MM-DD, and in Mailmate, a wide column displays March 26, 2024, a slightly narrower column displays Mar 26, 2024, and a still narrower column displays 2024-03-26.

Trying to change the width of the column is good advice. Apple has also changed what exactly can be configured and this affects how this behaves. I also fixed/changed/simplified some things (right now I cannot recall the exact details) which means it might also be worth trying out the latest test release. Hold down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now” in the Software Update preferences pane (right now that means r6028).

As stated in another email on the list, I'm currently on vacation (Japan!) and there won't be any updates for at least a couple of weeks. When I get back, the main priority will be to look into a potential future Gmail issue. The “kill switch” I mentioned in an old blog post might be looming around the corner: https://blog.freron.com/2015/is-oauth2-support-a-good-thing/