[MlMt] local folders

Fredrik Jonsson frjo at xdeb.org
Wed May 31 04:16:19 EDT 2023

Pierre Igot 2023-05-31 3:24 wrote:

> The instructions apply to Dovecot 2.3.19, whereas Homebrew installed Dovecot 2.3.20, so I had to adapt the command to copy config files.

I just updated the post so it says "2.3.20".

> *2*
> The instructions say:
>
> File: /usr/local/etc/dovecot/local.conf
> File: /opt/homebrew/etc/dovecot/local.conf
>
> without indicating what these two different lines mean.

It is mentioned higher up in the post that the placement of Homebrew install differ depending on if you have an older Intel Mac or a newer Apple Silicon Mac.

> Also, the instructions say "By default dovecot logs will show up in /var/log/mail.log”, but I checked, even after stopping Dovecot in Terminal, and there is no such log there on my system.

This has changed since I originally wrote the post in 2014  without me noticing it. Removed it now, thanks.

> So Mac users like me need more than this page of instructions, I am afraid.

If you are not comfortable with the Unix side I would not recommend using this solution.

Fredrik