[MlMt] GMail spam not showing in "Junk" unreads

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Mon May 8 14:13:20 EDT 2023

Hello Randall,

I use an external app called SpamSieve (by Michael Tsai) to filter junk
mail from my inboxes (in 10 IMAP accounts, including a Gmail account).
It actually runs on a separate server (a MacMini 2020) running a
separate app (Apple’s Mail.app).

MM supports SpamSieve although I do not know how well that works as my
setup works so well as is, I never bothered to try MM on that machine.

The filtering set up is so seamless, I do virtually nothing to achieve a
clean inbox other than that (the initial set up).

I have a very broad definition about junk and filter out everything that
I did not specifically authorize or have a contact entry for. Rarely do
I get a false positive spam that land in the junk mail and when I do, I
can retrain it to the inbox easily from wherever I am, even on my
iPhone.

Vice versa, if it’s a false negative junk piece that lands at my
inbox, it can be similarly moved by tossing it to the “Train as
Spam” mailbox which adds it to the blocklist.

SpamSieve tallies the activity of its filtering over time. I have the
Mail.app discard the junk and deleted mail from their respective
mailboxes regularly depending on the buildup in them.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -
Techworks Pro Co.