[MlMt] Open Links in Background?

John Doherty jld at jld3.net
Fri Jan 27 15:37:23 EST 2023

Hi Henry, not sure how to respond.

I did not know this particular feature existed until Fredrik Jonsson
pointed it out today. I have pretty limited use for it myself but will
probably keep it in mind (although "keeping things in mind" gets harder
and harder as the years go by :-)

All I know is that I tried it, it worked for me in my environment, and
to the pretty limited extent to which I click on links on mail messages,
I like it. I haven't tried it with different browsers set as default or
tried to make it misbehave under other circumstances. Might possibly try
that later out of curiosity, but I have a lot of things to do. :-)

FWIW, I thought Michael's original message that started this thread was
really quite good, with its "What I do, What I see, What I expect, What
I tried so far" sections. Solid effort on his part, I'd say.

I do not know, however, why command-clicking on a link does not work for
him in his environment.

FWIW, I'm using MailMate 1.13.2 (5673) on Mac OS 10.15.7 with Firefox
109.0.