[MlMt] Tags not working with apple account

Kurt Stoll stoll at mac.com
Wed Jan 4 18:59:25 EST 2023

I have two email accounts - an Apple iCloud account and a Google account.

On the Google account, I can assign a tag to emails easily, as expected.

However, when I assign a tag to an email in my Apple iCloud account, I get a spinner on the INBOX, and the tag is erased. This is consistent for every email and every tag I have tried.

I have looked at all of the settings in my Apple Email client, and cannot find anything that might cause this, but I may be missing something.

I looked at all of my folders to see whether there is a stray rule on one of them causing this, but I have no rules yet (this is a fresh install on a new machine - I neglected to transfer all of my MailMate settings from the old machine).

I have looked thru MailMate’s settings, including the IMAP settings - I find nothing amiss, and am able to send and receive emails thru MailMate on that account.

Finally, I have tried a couple of different releases of MailMate, and get the same behavior on both.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on where I might look to fix this? I really want to have tags working!

Thanks,
Kurt