[MlMt] How are Draft emails supposed to be used/opened/edited between apps?

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Wed Apr 26 17:13:38 EDT 2023

Hello All,

I have question about Draft email formatting and interoperability in
editing in M-M v 1.14 Test Build 5964 and possibly earlier editions, vs
Mail.app (possibly true for Outlook as well?).

How does an email in the Drafts IMAP folder (whether put there from
another app like Mail, E.G., started from an iPad or iPhone or Mail -
started on another computer) vs from within M-M, supposed to open for
editing?

Have found strange behavior of late with email started elsewhere and M-M
Specific Drafts.

Even this one… Started this in M-M and used the Save Command to save
it (defaults the Drafts Folder). I just reopened it in M-M and it opens
for editing just fine. However… if I see that this is in the Drafts
and want to edit it without double-clicking it to open in a new window,
it cannot be done. So, double-click to open? Has this always been the
case??

Back to an email created elsewhere, in the Drafts Folder… If edited in
mail.app the construction changes and it is no longer openable in M-M.
So this seems to be the issue. The original is save but as a separate
(Mail.app) document.

So, is there a way around the issue? Don’t know if this will pass, but
including the two as attachments, here. They are both openable as HTML
in MM, but not editable for me.

Questions:
* How can I make them editable in M-M as both text+HTML?
* Is there another way to prep a Mail email to be editable in both Mail
and M-M as well as the recipients’ format?

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -
Techworks Pro Co.