[MlMt] good email providers that play well w/ MailMate [was: moving my mail from one server to another—will my IMAP mailboxes & their contents survive the move?]

Ken Pope ken at kenpope.com
Wed Apr 12 13:55:13 EDT 2023

*Thanks* for the continued stream of great info.

My plan to move to a much cheaper dedicated server crashed when I
discovered that a much cheaper dedicated server couldn’t deliver what
I needed.

Part of Plan B includes finding a good, secure email provider that (a)
will accept my domain name, (b) plays well with Mail Mate, (c) will
allow me to import my current array of emails, & (d) allows sufficient
storage (e.g., StartMail looks great but has an inflexible limit of only
10G storage for all plans).

The following prospects made the initial cuts of my research.  I’d
appreciate your comments about any of the following or any other
provider you recommend or warn against.

MailFence
Proton
Fastmail