[MlMt] moving my mail from one server to another—will my IMAP mailboxes & their contents survive the move?

Andrew Buc abuc at andrewbuc.com
Wed Apr 5 23:19:09 EDT 2023

On 5 Apr 2023, at 13:39, Ken Pope wrote:

> Looking forward (sort of).  Had done a lot of searching to find a
> company that was significantly cheaper than the wonderful Liquid Web
> (I hate leaving them—they’re terrific) and Go Daddy seemed the
> best of the very, very, very cheap companies that provide a
> fully-managed dedicated server for 4 websites and my high-volume mail
> accounts.
>
> If your report, Andrew, makes it seem a suicidal choice to go with Go
> Daddy, I’d appreciate recommendations from anyone on this list for a
> very (plus two more veries) cheap company providing a fully-managed
> (by them, not me) DEDICATED server.

My response to David Ledger a few minutes ago explains why I became
disenchanted with GoDaddy. As I said, I went with Pair Domains and found
the cost to be reasonable, but I have only a domain, 2 email addresses,
and forwards from those addresses. I don’t know what they’d charge
for what you need, but you could ask. A friend has had his blog with
Pair Domains for 23 years with no complaints.

Randy Singer at Groups.io Macsupportcentral now has his website with
ICDSoft and had this to say:

ICDSoft, in addition to having great prices, great support, no downtime,
etc., only charges me $8.38 to renew my domain name each time!

ICDSoft
http://icdsoft.com/
http://www2.icdsoft.com/hosting/usa

— end quote

However, ICDSoft has no phone support, only support via a dedicated web
portal. Randy says he’s always gotten a response within 10 minutes no
matter what time it was.

Other domain registrars of which people spoke well:
inMotion Hosting
A Small Orange
https://asmallorange.com/
Just Host