[MlMt] Tag or flag sent messages

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Wed Sep 7 16:07:25 EDT 2022

On 7 Sep 2022, at 14:59, John Cooper wrote:

> David Wainberg wrote (at 12:32 PM on Wednesday, September 7, 2022):
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I want to keep track of messages I've sent for which I expect a
>> reply. I had the idea to do this by tagging or flagging the message
>> as I compose it.
>>
>> [...] I add a tag in the composer window, and then send the message.
>> I find the message in Sent and it has no tag.
>>
>> I feel like I might be missing something simple. Can anyone tell me?
>
> Have you tried adding the tag after the message is sent, instead of
> tagging it during composition? Sounds as if the tag might not be
> preserved as the message is saved for the first time.

If that's true, this is a new behavior. I have had a smart mailbox
called "Awaiting Response" that takes messages from "Sent Messages" and
"INBOX" that have the tag `waiting_for_response` that I apply in
composition.  It appears to be working fine.*

* Appears to be because my workflow has not had the right discipline,
and I have not been applying these tags when I should.