[MlMt] Finer control of blacklist

Mike Brasch mikebrasch at fastmail.fm
Sun Oct 23 09:26:37 EDT 2022

On 23 Oct 2022, at 14:03, Henry Seiden wrote:

> Mike,
>
> To your point MacOS has a similar idea in their settings but only for
> their iCloud accounts.
>
> It’s operating at the system level in MacOS, in “Hide My Email”
> settings. It establishes an alternate address (redirecting to that
> alternate address) for specific senders to specific iCloud email
> accounts.

Fastmail has with "Masked Email" a similar feature. 1Password has
support for this feature. I don't know if other SW is supporting it.

> BTW, I consider spam any incoming email I specifically did not request
> or agree to receive.
This is an unusual definition of spam. With this attidude, you will
probably have not much success. It es difficould enough to detect "real"
spam. How should it work with "perseived" spam? :)

At Fastmail one can give an folder a ham-or-spam-hint to tell the spam
filter in which category their contant is. The spam filter looks dayly
through all folders to train itself. This works really good. I have no
Idea, if this will work with your attidude. Maybe I will then tend to be
hypersensitive. But maybe it will do what you want.

> That broad definition, encompassing things like accounts that don’t
> process unsubscribe, is far too broad to qualify in Fastmail, I
> suspect.
I don't understand this. :)

--
Best Regards