[MlMt] Finer control of blacklist

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Sun Oct 23 11:09:43 EDT 2022

Mike,

It was just a comment. I am VERY happy with SpamSieve. It does exactly
what I want locally without further cost, extra work, expense or added
accounts. And I can easily re-define my admittedly broad definition
anytime I want, across all accounts or differently across each, the way
it’s set up for me.

SpamSieve is script-based. It also keeps great stats on how it’s doing
filter-wise.

As to my previous example, many subscriptions that I previously had
subscribed to do have an option to “opt out” of receiving further
email. However, in my experience it doesn’t work (on purpose?) or it
resubscribes in a short time to something else, hence the more apt term
for that is junk mail.

The other nice thing about having the spam/junk/unwanted mail filtering
locally on a separate desktop server-like environment is that my
laptop/desktop main machine (MBP 18,3) is unencumbered by mail filtering
especially when away from home/office or otherwise disconnected from the
internet.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -