[MlMt] Regression in composer - comma no longer completes addresses in To: line {To, CC, Bcc]

Henry Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Fri May 6 06:42:03 EDT 2022

Interesting bug. No, Dan. You’re not the only one. Benny, it is
strange.

This is on my MBP 15,1 (2019) running OS12.3.1(21E258). Just went
through it. Weird for me as well. Must say I never noticed differences
but <tab> is involved as well. I used to use <tab> to jump the entry
fields (moving from the To: to Bcc:, etc.) in Mail with a comma between
addresses in one field where multiple addresses were involved. Now,
<return> seems best, but the actions are not consistent.

For me on MM 1.14(r5895) in a new Composer window, I can replicate the
To, CC, BCC Fields, <comma> doesn’t work intuitively or reliably.

The <TAB> key works fine to complete the entry - completes one address
when I start typing a few letters in the field, then moves the cursor to
the next field (whether CC:, Bcc: or Subject:).

In short in terms of reliably working, a <return> is most reliable for
multiple addresses on the same line. It accepts the automatic fill-in
and moves to the next address to fill in as I expect it should. A
<comma> OTOH, produces problems for me with subsequent entries, erasure
- using <delete> on the line no longer works well. Deleting turns off
the automatic fill-in functions.

I can make you a video of what happens if you need it.

Could this be because in Mail the functions of <return> and <tab> are
more or less opposite? MM seems heavily intertwined with system
standards.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -